My Learning Essentials are here to help if you have any questions about study skills, revision tips or referencing essays or more.
They run regular drop in sessions throughout the year for all Manchester staff and students:
- Wednesdays, 12noon – 1pm, in the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons Training Room.
- Thursdays, 10-11am, in the Ground Floor Seminar Room, Main Library
They also run lots of useful workshops, on all sorts of topics, such as giving presentations, calming your busy brain, writing a literature review, managing procrastination and more. You can book them here.
My top revision tips for January exams are:
- Writing on coloured paper or using coloured pens to write your notes makes them easier to remember
- Practice writing timed essays so you get a feel of how much you can write in an exam situation
- Take a short break every hour
- Reward yourself for your hard work – write a revision plan and remember to include some time off
- Get lots of sleep. It’s better to get a good night’s sleep rather than do an extra hours studying
- When you’re lacking motivation, think about your long term goals
- Eat healthy food – you will feel and work better
- Check out The Atrium Pinterest board for more revision tips