This is a very simple, appetising dish, quick to make and gives time for a little work while it cooks!!
Courtesy of Nosh for Students by Joy May.
Serves 2. Preparation time 5 – 10 minutes. Cooking time 1 and half hours.
- 250g pack of cubed lamb, you could always use lamb mine
- 2 Onions, cut into 6 lengthways wedges
- 2 – 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 lamb stock cube
- 2 mugs of water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 desert spoon of cooking oil to fry
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees C/gas reg 6.
- Fry the onions and garlic on a high heat until they brown slightly, add the meat and cook until the outside is no longer pink.
- Add the flour and stir well.
- Add the water and the stock cube, bring to the boil; the liquid should thicken.
- Cut the carrots and potatoes into chunks and add to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a casserole dish with a lid and cook for 1 and a half hours. If you use lamb mince you will only need to cook for 1 hour.