Ham and Potato Salad (serves 3)
Here’s another summertime favourite of mine, although the Mancunian summer is yet to appear, you can still enjoy a summertime dish despite it feeling like October! This meal is quick and easy to cook and tastes rather scrummy, and what’s more, doesn’t cost more than a few bob or two.
• 1 red pepper
• Sun dried tomatoes
• Spring onion
• Chives (chopped)
• Baby new potatoes
• Sliced ham
• Boil the potatoes in a pan for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
• Shred the lettuce into bite-sized chunks and place on a plate.
• Slice the cucumber and spring onions and add to the lettuce.
• Add the tomatoes to the salad and drizzle a generous serving of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
• Place a couple of slices of ham on the plate.
• Drain the potatoes and add a generous dollop of butter/margarine making sure it melts. Add a handful of chopped chives to the potatoes adding salt and pepper to taste and add the potatoes to the plate.
• And voila, dinner is served! 🙂
How much did it cost?
|Sun dried tomatoes (340ml)||£1.78|
|Spring Onions (100g bunch)||49p|
|Baby new potatoes(1kg)||67p|
|Ham (6 slices)||£2|
|Total||£7.08 (£2.36 each)|