Do you love cereal bars but wish they weren’t so expensive? So do we! Here’s a great recipe so you can create your own delicious snacks at a fraction of the price.
- 2 x 12g meringue nests
- 80g porridge oats
- 2 tbs light condensed milk
- 4tsp clear honey
- 10g toasted flaked almonds
- 15g raisins
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 / 180 degrees / 160 fan
- Crush meringues in a bowl
- Add everything together and mix thoroughly
- Put into a baking tray, press down firmly with a fork to compress and split into 12 portions by scoring with a knife
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp and golden
- Allow to cool before removing from the baking tray
How Much does it cost?
|Meringue Nests||£1.20 for 8 (4 lots)|
|Porridge Oats||75p for 1kg (12 lots)|
|Light Condensed Milk||£1.06 for 397g (9 lots)|
|Clear Honey||99p for 340g (4 lots)|
|Toasted Flaked Almonds||£1.05 for 100g (10 lots)|
|15g Raisins||£1.69 for 500g (33 lots)|
With these ingredients you could make this recipe 4 times, that’s 48 cereal bars for £6.47! If you bought another packet of meringue nests and a second jar of clear honey (for £2.19) you could make 96 cereal bars and you would still have enough oats left for a hot bowl of porridge before uni!
Bon appetit xxx